Ask and It Is Given
What this book’s about
Ask and It Is Given is a powerful book that teaches us how to use The Law of Attraction to have the life we want and everything we want in life.
How The Law of Attraction works
What we focus on is what comes into our experience and there are three steps in having everything we want and need.
1) Ask – We are doing this constantly
2) Answer – The Universe answers by sending us what we want
3) Allow/Receive – We have to be in the receiving mode and allow what we want to come to us.
The first and second step are happening all the time and we don’t need to do much beyond what we are already doing to get those two steps right. The problem is with our ability to receive. Now, you may say, “I’m ready to receive all the time so why isn’t it here yet?” Now, the way it’s explained in this book we have to be in vibrational alignment for what we want. So, if you want prosperity but are having thoughts of lack or debt then you’ll attract lack and debt, not prosperity. You have to vibrate as if you are already prosperous and think prosperous thoughts in order to be prosperous. The exercises (which are called “processes” in this book) are designed to put you into vibrational alignment with what it is that you want.
Your internal guide posts
So how do you know if you are a vibrational match to receive what the Universe is sending you? Your emotions are a very powerful guidepost. If you are feeling great then you are allowing and if you are feeling bad you are resisting what the Universe is sending. “Positive” thoughts feel good and “negative” thoughts feel bad. By changing your thinking you can change your feelings which change your vibration to match what it is you are asking the Universe for.
Your greatest gift to yourself and the world is to be happy. Nothing is more important then your happiness. When you are happy you are allowing (in the receptive mode – step #3) and everything you want flows to you with ease. It’s a byproduct of being happy. These processes have been proven to get you happy and help you stay there. When you make happiness a habit the Universe will open its doors to you and everything you want will flow to you.
Having what you want doesn’t take anything away from anyone else
According to The Law of Attraction everyone can have everything they want. That means EVERYONE. The Universe doesn’t run out of energy to make what we want. Things can materialize to provide what we want. It’s the Universe in the “Answering” mode. Everyone can be prosperous, that means EVERYONE so don’t sell yourself short. We can ALL be as prosperous as Oprah. You betcha!
Other references to The Law of Attraction
I’ve found references to The Law of Attraction, although it wasn’t always referred to as the Law of Attraction, in these sources which touched upon the topic in varying degrees.
1. The Lightworker’s Way – Doreen Virtue’s family taught her the power of her thoughts. One example was that they believed illness is caused by wrong thinking.
2. What God Wants – God says we’re all after feelings. Everything we do is to create a feeling within ourselves. God also goes on to say that creating a feeling within you can cause something to happen outside of you. That’s how The Law of Attraction works. Ask and It Is Given explains this further by saying that by creating the feeling inside of you, before the thing you want shows up, you are drawing it into your experience. Feel like you have it and then you get it (when you feel like you already have what you want you are a vibrational match for it).
3. Home with God – Near the end of Home with God Neale says something about knowing all of this and God says something along the lines of, yes, you know this but are you going to continue living like you don’t know it. Neale said, “Ouch” and God said, “Well, that’s the question, now isn’t it” (I’m paraphrasing.) So Neale asks God what it would look like to be acting like we know all of this. The list that God gives Neale is the way we would be living if we were also using The Law of Attraction.
4. The Abundance Book – The Abundance Book uses the same principle and has techniques, meditations and testimonials by others who have had success using the technique.
5. The Secret – The secret being The Law of Attraction which is the focus of this movie. The author, Esther Hicks, is in this movie.
6. Power, Freedom, and Grace: Living from the Source of Lasting Happiness Deepak Chopra combines information we know about The Law of Attraction with science.
Things have really started shifting for me since I started reading this book and working with the processes. I’m happier and now enjoy my children so much more. More money is coming into my life every day, things I want are just showing up in my experience, I see possibilities everywhere. I look at things differently now. What I have in my experience now are the things that my former ways of thinking brought to me and the things I see in my future experience blow my mind with how perfect they are and how they are just what I want. I’m creating my future now with my current thoughts and feelings. I’m having a blast.
Follow your Bliss
Joseph Campbell said it best when he said, “Follow your bliss” since this is the best way to manifest the life you want. When you follow your bliss you are doing what you need to be happy and everything you want just flows to you. When you have a decision to make you can follow this rule. Think about each option and whichever one makes you happy is the one you should go with. Follow your bliss.
If you are ready to really manifest the life you want, no matter where you are now or where your emotions are, you can have great success with this book.
Esther and Jerry Hicks travel around the country visiting 50 to 60 states a year. They have a tremendous following and many successful people are their students. Check their calendar to see where they are going to be so you can get in to see them when they are in your town. I find their daily quote (the sign-up is underneath the quote on the left side of the screen) very helpful: Law of Attraction reminders delivered to my in-box daily.
Other offerings by the authors
There are audio versions of this book and other CDs where people ask questions and Esther answers their queries with information that everyone can use. They also have a "tear-off" Daily Calendar which is also a planning calendar and study guide workbook, a must if you are leading an Abraham study group.
Other books: The Law of Attraction: How to Make It Work For You
The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent: Living the Art of Allowing
Law of Attraction reminders delivered to your in-box daily: Sign-up for the daily quote (the sign-up is underneath the quote on the left side of the screen)
View book details at Amazon: Ask & It Is Given