Beyond Recycling – Save gas before you start your car
If you’re looking for a way to save gas, and who isn’t, try doing everything you need to do before you start the engine. I recently read that an idling car uses more gas, so keep the idling to when you’re waiting at a light.
What can you get done before you turn on the car?
- Put on your sunglasses
- Put your green smoothie in your cup holder
- Plug in your phone
- Turn your mobile phone’s headset on and put it on in case a call comes in
- Check and adjust your mirrors and seat
- Buckle your child’s seat belt
- Buckle your seat belt
- Plug in your iPod and start your driving playlist or audio book or
- Find the radio station (this you have to turn the car on first and then find the radio station) or
- Put in the next CD of The Power of Now that you’re listening to (okay, so that’s what I’m listening to now. And, yes, I’m listening to it yet again. )
- Call in your angels to surround your car and assist you in having a pleasant ride in
- AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU ARE DOING NOW THAT CAN BE DONE WITH THE CAR OFF
Just imagine how much time all that takes to do when you could be doing it with the car off.
So, how’s that for saving gas?