What this movie is about
If you’ve read the Peaceful Warrior books then you already know this is based on the story of gymnast Dan Millman. He meets an amazing man, whom he calls Socrates, and starts on a transformational journey to live his life differently. Being here, now is one of the most important lessons he learns.
There were some things in the movie that I don’t remember from the book but I also read it in the mid 1990s, so I probably forgot a few things. The movie was well done, of true feature-film quality, and quite enjoyable and transformational to watch.
Dan Millman has shared his experiences, insights and ideas with us through his many books including:
- The Life You Were Born to Live: A Guide to Finding Your Life Purpose,
- No Ordinary Moments: A Peaceful Warrior’s Guide to Daily Life,
- Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior,
- The Laws of Spirit: A Tale of Transformation,
- Living on Purpose: Straight Answers to Universal Questions,
- Everyday Enlightenment: The Twelve Gateways to Personal Growth,
- Body Mind Mastery: Creating Success in Sport and Life,
- and two children’s books:
- Quest for the Crystal Castle and
- Secret of the Peaceful Warrior.
Dan found there were many questions people had after reading the book and watching the movie and they are answered in Wisdom of the Peaceful Warrior: A Companion to the Book That Changes Lives (Millman, Dan). Sounds like a winner.
This movie gives you just enough material to get your wondering how much more you life can be while entertaining you and throwing in some amazingly fit bodies, a little mystery, competition, self-discovery and love. If you like good movies, watch this one.
View movie details at Amazon: Peaceful Warrior (Widescreen)