Working Title: All the World’s a Garden
Have you noticed there are lots of books and movies depicting a dystopian future? It feels like a warning to us against allowing that kind of a future to happen.
Yeah, you know, honestly it seems to me we’ve got a dystopian future now: 20% of the population has 80% of the resources, not everyone has the basic necessities of life like clean water and enough food, the planet is slowly being poisoned. Life just doesn’t work for everyone. You know how things are, I’m not talking about anything new here.
Now, based on books about manifesting, like Infinite Possibilities by Mike Dooley, Ask and It Is Given by Abraham-Hicks, the future we visualize is the future we get. By reading all those dystopian books and watching those movies, we’re going to get just that. Nah, doesn’t sound good to me at all.
So I think we need more stories of a utopian future. Wait, are there any now? Huh…
Actually, I’ve felt the need for these stories for a while but didn’t trust my writing skills enough to take it on, they are so many other people who are better writers than I am. I know, I know, I keep telling my daughter not to give up on her dreams just because she isn’t the best at what it is she wants to do, so I’ll take my own advice and write this book anyway.
And I’d like you to write it with me. No, really.
I think a good way to make the future work is for people to figure things out together. I envision it being a large part of this book so it’s fitting to incorporate it into the writing of the book.
So, what do you say? Want to work together on this?
My attempt at legalese: And I like Paul Newman (and his Newman-O’s) so if this book ever makes any money, which is probably unlikely, all profits after taxes will go to charity. So any help you give, whether ideas or actual words that are used in the book, you’re agreeing to contribute without anything other than recognition. There may not be money, there may not even be glory, but there will be recognition! (I love the original line from My Best Friend’s Wedding.)
This is how I envision this happening:
- I’ll post an outline, working title, conversations, whatever, and we’ll have a discussion about them to work things out
- You’ll comment and we’ll come to an expanded idea of how things should go in the book
- I’ll probably get more granular with each topic as we go along and eventually we’ll have a book
- Then we’ll contemplate what titles will work and maybe take a vote
- We may incorporate Survey Monkey for things we want to vote on
- Take submissions for cover
- Vote on cover
- Have someone lay out the cover
- Have someone lay out the book
- Self-publish with printing on demand
- Sell a billion copies
- A real publisher picks it up
- We sell a billion more copies
- Charities get the money
- Those charities use the money to make the world a better place
- People wake up all over the globe
- Human consciousness evolves
- We have a world that works for everyone with NO ONE left out
- And we have our utopian future
I like it! Join me…
You may say I’m a dreamer
But I’m not the only one
I hope some day you’ll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine by John Lennon